A Work Bag for Grown-Ups
Today's Wear This Not That has an example of a better bag to take to work. You're not in school anymore, get rid of that old backpack. You're not wearing pleated pants anymore, get rid of that Targus computer bag. Use something that holds everything you need for your daily commute and can be used as a better carry-on for travel.
The Filson Computer Bag is my favorite bag I've ever owned. It holds everything I need and it looks great. It's pricey than most bags you've bought in the past ($345 retail). But this bag will last you for the next 20 years.
Features of the Filson Computer Bag
- Heavy duty YKK brass zipper and storm flap closure
- 4 stow pockets, 3 interior dividers, 5 interior utility pockets, 1 interior slotted pocket, 1 interior patch pocket
- Base is reinforced with Rugged Twill to handle extra-heavy loads
- Sized to fit a standard laptop up to 15" wide
- Removable, adjustable 46"-long Bridle Leather shoulder strap with pad
- Made with saddle-grade Bridle Leather sourced from North America and tanned in the USA
- Includes iconic Filson Bridle Leather body tabs, plus Bridle Leather reinforcement on side and near opening
- Made with abrasion- and water-resistant fabric, with Tin Cloth bound seams for added durability
If you want something a little smaller, the Filson Original Briefcase ($265 retail) is fantastic. I wanted a little more storage space, so I went with the computer bag.
If you're looking for an inexpensive option, always check out Target's messenger bags. The bags usually run less than $50. They won't last long and you'll notice why they're so cheap.
Either way, step your work bag up to the next level. You won't regret it.